A Trip Through The Land Of Magical Realism.
No need to travel far to go from the desert, to lush jungles, multicolor seas, and snow peaks. You can be in any of those within an hour in Colombia.
1. Start at the desert of Guajira in the north
4. Head south to Tayrona if you can’t stand the heat
5. And try climbing the highest coastal peak in the world
6. Pico Colon’s stands tall at 18,701 ft, so take a jacket
7. Or stop midway at the ‘Ciudad Perdida’ and head back
Yeah, there’s a lost city in the middle of the Sierra Nevada.
8. Stop in Santa Marta to recover from all that hiking
9. Go to Barranquilla if you can handle the carnival
The second largest in the world after Rio.
11. Take a river cruise to the sleepy town of Mompox
13. Get lost in the colonial streets of Cartagena
Look forward to the beach parties and the lively bars at night
16. Take a break. Have some fruit from a ‘Palenquera’
17. San Andres is said to have the ‘Sea of Seven Colors’
19. Time to fly inland to the sleepy colonial town of Barichara
21. Don’t fall off that cliff though!
22. Hike around Chicamocha
23. And zipline down
25. And time to hike up again to the Cocuy
28. Then visit the Estoraques park
30. Villa de Leyva on the way to Bogota
31. Cathedral in an abandoned salt mine in Zipaquira
32. Mix colonial charm with cosmopolitan life in Bogota
34. There’s a spooky abandoned hotel by the Tequendama falls
35. And fairy land around Guatape on the way to Medellin
38. Cross the Cauca river into the town of Santa Fe de Antioquia
39. Medellin is the capital of cool and innovation in Colombia
41. Hike the Cocora valley on the way to Cali
43. Have some coffee in the Coffee Triangle region
44. Learn to dance Salsa in the capital of Salsa: Cali
46. Cross the Western Mountain Range and dive into the Pacific Coast
52. Don’t forget the whales…
53. Las Lajas temple
54. Make your way to the white city of Popayan
57. Cano Cristales, the technicolor river
59. Cross the Tatacoa desert and move on to the Llanos Orientales
61. Cross more mountains of course…
62. Cowboy culture rules in the plains of the Orinoco (Llanos)
64. Now back to the Jungle heading towards the Amazon
66. Serrania del Chiribiquete
69. Finally, the great Amazon river
A Trip Through The Land Of Magical Realism
Posted By AlexanderSuis, buzzfeed.com. On June 5, 2014.
To see the original post click here